Black Medieval DressImage: Frances Foster - Click here for more information
Model: Mélissa Jones
Questions we often get asked
Over the years we have been asked a number of questions that come up time and again.
Below is a list of these with answers to assist you in making your decision about ordering from Vendetta Couture.
The list below may not cover all the questions you need to know before ordering so feel free to use our form on the contact page if there is any other information you require and we will get back to you as soon as we can with the answer.
List of questions
- What sizes can you make?
- I don't know which size I should choose. According to your measurement chart my bust falls in the medium range and my waist in the medium large range.
- Can you make child sizes?
- I'm not a fan of crushed velvet, can you make a dress using other fabrics?
- What if my made to measure dress does not fit?
- Can I give you my bra size?
- Can you alter the designs to incorporate some special requirements?
- I like one of the dresses but I would like another style of sleeve or to change the neckline.
- How long does it take to make a garment?
- How does your "super express garment order" work?
- I've seen a photograph of a beautiful dress on the internet. Can you copy it for me?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What sizes can you make?
Please have a look at our sizes page measurement charts. On each garment page, at the bottom of the description and in the sizes button on the right column will state the size range that that particular garment is available to be made in. If you wanted a smaller or larger size than is indicated, it is possible but it could be made to measure custom order.
2. I don't know which size I should choose. According to your measurement chart my bust falls in the medium range and my waist in the medium large range.
This is a pretty good example of when having the item made to measure is the best option. If you feel that spending that bit more was going to be too difficult for you. Then what you can do is contact us and explain the situation and include your bust and waist measurement and tell us which item you were interested in. We can then check ourselves to see which size option would be the best fit for you or if indeed the only option is to have the outfit made to measure.
3. Can you make child sizes?
On the whole most of our garments can be made in all sizes and making miniature versions is not a normally a problem. Contact us before ordering and we can discuss the options for making for children.
4. I'm not a fan of crushed velvet, can you make a dress using other fabrics?
Yes, of course. Many of our designs can be made in various types of stretch fabrics. It is also possible to use non-stretch fabrics too. There will be some small changes needed to the designs such as adding a zip and lining etc. Changing the fabric from a stretch to a non-stretch fabric will make the price increase. Contact us to discuss any material changes.
5. What if my made to measure dress does not fit?
The dress will only be made to the measurements that have been given to us. We cannot be responsible to any mistakes that have occurred when taking the measurements and supplying them to us. It is therefore very important to measure yourself correctly and having someone to help is the best way.
However mistakes can happen and we are only human. Please contact us, we want happy customers and so we won't just say tough. Let us know what the problem is so that it can be resolved.
6. Can I give you my bra size?
No, this is not recommended. If you know the exact bra that you intend to wear with the garment, you can measure yourself wearing the bra BUT, if you end up wear another bra then the measurement could be different and the fit of the dress will not be right. So when giving us measurements please tell us if you are sending us your bust measurement with a bra being worn
7. Can you alter the designs to incorporate some special requirements?
More often than not the answer will be yes. Here are some examples of special requests we have had:
1. Can the dress be adjusted so that I can breastfeed?
2. I'm in a wheelchair and worry about the dress bunching up around my waist.
3. I have large upper arms and worry that the sleeves will cling too much, can you change the sleeve design to disguise this?
4. I'm going to be riding a horse, can the skirt be made full enough to go around the horse?!
With all of these examples we were able to help the customer with, so just feel free to ask and we will happily see what can be done.
8. I like one of the dresses but I would like another style of sleeve or to change the neckline.
Mixing and matching ideas from different garments is possible, not always, but the majority of times it is. If you can let you know what you like then we can see what can be done.
9. How long does it take to make a garment?
All of the items listed on this site will have the time it will take to make that particular garment written at the bottom of the description page and in the delivery section on the right column. We have stated the maximum time it will normally take but quite often it is made sooner than that. It depends a lot on current workload and if the fabric needs to be ordered in.
10. How does your "super express garment order" work?
This is a service we offer for those emergency times when an item is required really fast. This service is for the making time only and does not include the shipping time. So how does it work? Basically, if possible, we reschedule other work and focus solidly on the super express item. It means that we work long hours (no elves here I'm afraid) to achieve and to complete the order. I'm sure that you will appreciate that there is an additional charge for this service and it may not always be possible due to other commitments.
11. I've seen a photograph of a beautiful dress on the internet. Can you copy it for me?
Sorry, the answer is no. We quite simply respect other peoples work even if there are similarities to our own designs.